I am so excited to talk about my good friend Dana Cubbage of Dana Cubbage Weddings on the blog today! She was one of my first friends here in Charleston and is one of my go-to photographers when I have clients looking for a photographer with her clean, elegant, timeless style. Dana is quick to laugh and has to be one of the easiest people I know to get along with. Brides and grooms just adore her and we are absolutely delighted to have her on The Scarlet Wedding Tour.
We've put some fun questions together for folks to get to know the sponsors of The Tour a little better. Enjoy!
happy planning, loves!
- how long have you been in the event business? and/or business for yourself? Photography was always a hobby of mine, but my background is in business + finance. After 7 years in corporate America, I was laid off at the most perfect time and became a full-time wedding photographer! It was the push I needed to make it happen! I've been shooting weddings full-time since August 2012 :)
- what inspires you? Traveling, new locations, beautiful light, color, texture, architecture, nature, my clients… there is so much beauty in our every day life!
- what will guests of the scarlet wedding tour be seeing from you? I'll be photographing all of the lovely details that the Scarlet Plan & Design team creates! Shooting details is one of my most favorite things!
- what are some of your favorite venues to work at? I absolutely love plantations + nautical settings! Luckily, Charleston has plenty of them. In Charleston, I'd have to say my favorite venues are Lowndes Grove, the William Aiken House, + the Legare Waring House… but honestly, there isn't a "bad" venue in town!! I just really love the versatility of those places :)
- what do you love most about this industry? The camaraderie among the vendors. I've met SO many incredible people in this industry and I feel like we are so very lucky to be surrounded by such creative AND kind people!
- what do you hope guests of the scarlet wedding tour will take away from this experience? I hope they are able to see the possibility of creating a unique wedding experience for themselves and their guests. I hope they come away with new ideas + inspiration on what is possible!
- name one thing/place someone coming to charleston from out of town must see or do. Taco Boy :) You know it's my fave! Other than eat, I'd say take a walk downtown South of Broad. It's magical down there!