Today I am so excited to talk about Petra Petrillo and Flute Bar Service & Party Rentals. Petra was kind enough to host an Open House Holiday Party for all us event pros at LOKAL on Johns Island a few days ago and I am constantly blown away by her creativity and grace. As always, the cocktails were incredible, the food was outstanding and the service was perfect. Just a few of the many reasons that we are overjoyed to have Flute and her sister company Crave Catering on the Scarlet Wedding Tour.
- how long have you been in the event business? and/or business for yourself? Cooking and mixology were always in my life! My husband - Executive Chef Mike Petrillo and I opened our first restaurant in Pittsburgh, PA in 2002. We have started with catering as well as private parties back then. In 2007 we moved from Pennsylvania to Charleston and we launched Crave Charleston Catering. After 7 successful years in catering business I have started Flûte Charleston - bar service. I have many years of bartering experience and it just made sense to us to open a bartering service.
- what inspires you? Farmer’s markets and interesting grocery stores! I am exited about seasonal fruit for juices - I love mixing cocktails with fresh squeezed juice! Also, I have a passion for traveling and like to collect different ideas from various countries.
- what will guests of the scarlet wedding tour be seeing from you? Flûte will prepare 3 specialty cocktails created just for this event and will be serving them at Boone Hall Plantation.
- what are some of your favorite venues to work at? My favorite definitely are plantations - they are just stunning! My favorites are: Boone Hall Plantation, The Island House on John’s Island and Brookland Pointe Plantation on Edisto Island.
- what do you love most about this industry? I really like working with people and be part of their special day. I like to see how the events come together.
- what do you hope guests of the Scarlet Wedding Tour will take away from this experience? I hope they will be inspired to have a wedding of their dreams. With all the wonderful vendors participating in the Scarlet Wedding Tour there are going to see that the options and ideas have no limits!
- name one thing/place someone coming to Charleston from out of town must see or do. Carriage ride and a tour of one of the mansions in downtown is a must!