I am starting to get incredibly excited about the Scarlet Wedding Tour, y'all! We've got less than 2 months to go and so much in store for our guests!
Today I'm delighted to introduce everyone to the super talented Rebekah Clark Moody of Forage + Fleur. She's so much more than just a talented young woman, she's sweet and funny and kind and we just adore working with her and introducing her to our clients. She's one of the floral designers guests will see on the tour and she's doing two of our fabulous venues! Her designs will be at The Historic Rice Mill and Upstairs at Midtown.
- How long have you been in the event business? and/or business for yourself? I have been in the event industry for almost three years (wow, time flies) and I launched my business in August 2014.
- What inspires you? Authentic moments. Whether it’s sitting down for an intimate dinner with family and friends or getting to know new people at creative gatherings, I love spending that time to create memories. Beautiful light. There’s just something amazing about working on a project when the lighting is just right. I recently worked on my first styled bridal shoot where we recreated the English countryside. Looking through the camera lens when the light highlighted the model and my floral bouquet, how could you not get inspired? And lastly an amazing meal. Sitting down with good friends and good food inspires me greatly. The structure and menu of a well planned meal has the ability to make me think creatively of how a well designed arrangement could compliment the moment and enhance the atmosphere.
- What will guests of the Scarlet Wedding Tour be seeing from you? Soft, lush blooms with lots of greenery mixed in. The floral arrangements that I design are very natural and whimsical. I forage and work with flowers in their natural state. If my flowers or greens naturally fall to the right I put them on the right. When you see my designs I want them to look as if these flowers naturally grew together and I simply put them in a vase with unique variations and vibrant colors.
- What are some of your favorite venues to work at? Some of my absolute favorite venues in Charleston are River Oaks Charleston, Boone Hall, and Runnymede Plantation.
- What do you love most about this industry? I love the ever-changing nature of the event industry. Each and every event is unique, so it is fun to collaborate with other creative vendors to make each event remarkable. We as artists evolve and change over time. It’s inspiring for me to see our work evolve and change through our collaborative process.
- What do you hope guests of the Scarlet Wedding Tour will take away from this experience? Inspiration and peace of mind. The wedding planning process can be quite challenging, so having good vendors that can help guide you along the way is crucial.
- Name one thing/place someone coming to Charleston from out of town must see or do. I would spend a day downtown, walking along the Battery, exploring all the beautiful historic homes, and eating at some amazing restaurants... like the Ordinary, Husk, or Two Boroughs Larder. Ok, maybe that is more than one.